yumi's yumi

  • kujika@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2001
      There is no dought that Yumis Bows are the best that I have ever seen in the SCA but know that 2 years ago Mokurai got one of Yumi's kyujustsu no yumi and the next day in camp as he was learning to draw it ,it snaped like a dry stick. some people will say that Mokurai must have been doing something wrong for that to happen but this is not so. Mokurais draw was done the right way . also know that he took the bow back to yumi and after 1 year of trying to fix it yumi sold him a new bow that was better than the frist . the cost of the new bow was only the defrence in the price.
      this new bow is working well.
      lastly I am happy to say that I have the frist yumi that yumi made and it works very well but in looking at it you can see that his work has come along way and he is makeing much better kyujustsu no yumi today.it is likly that I will buy my next bow from yumi.

      Baron Edward!

      Greetings from Solveig! I meant reproductions in the sense that
      he reproduces medieval bows. He doesn't just make bows, he makes
      BOWS!

      > > Yes, he is now making kyujutsu no yumi.
      >
      >And has been for many, many years.

      Not from my point of view. I have one of his transitional bows
      from before he started making kyujustsu no yumi. Did I mention
      that I have at least two of his bows? I plan on getting one or
      two more if he permits me to buy them.

    • echo@imap.pitt.edu
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2001
        I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get a payment to Yumi for
        a yumi. I've been talking with Kintarou since March, I believe about
        buying one and now, around the time everyone's heading to Pennsic, I
        have the money saved up for it. I believe my request for one was
        submitted and if I have a money order ready, I can buy one.

        Well, timing of work and other mundane things keeps me from attending
        Pennsic this year (was planning on going Aug 17-19), again (after 8
        years of living in Pittsburgh... *grumble*). I know there are no day-
        passes. Is there any way that I may be able to get a payment to Yumi
        and get a bow? Even if I meet someone at the Troll and do the
        exchange there this or next Saturday, I would be so eternally
        grateful. I've been following the postings of photos of the archery
        demonstration and the product and have been getting more and more
        excited at getting one.

        Thank you,
        -Luis Torrefranca
        echo@...