Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 443

  • Arelyx .
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2001
      i must have lucked out, i havent met a single person who has hounded me for
      having a Japanese Personae...actually the people in my baronry were
      supportive of my personae condsidering that i am the only japanese personae
      in the area. Calontiris pretty relaxed when it comes to personaes, so i
      cant complain. Will be interesting when i do meet an anti-Japanese
      person...

      Rob

      >I've been doing a Japanese persona for most of my time in the SCA
      >(20+ years) and have actually been told to my face that I had no >business
      >being in the SCA with a Japanese persona since it was "exclusively" for
      >European personae. Trying to argue with anti-Japanese biased people >just
      >does no good. And pointing out that you have to research and work >twice
      >as
      >hard to be seen as half as good as the European personae just annoys
      >them. Don't let them get you down!!
      >
      >YIS,
      >
      >Tsuruko

    • Carl Grasso
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2001
        I've never run into any "discrimination" the
        occasional "Oh look a foreigner." But then again I'm
        not terribly active.

        /\ Seiryu

        =====
        Resist when you must, but insist on achieving your aim and persist until you get it. - H.H. Dalai Lama

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/