Re: [SCA-JML] Congratulations (to me!)

  • Nate Ledbetter
    Message 1 of 37 , Jul 3 11:04 AM
      --- Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@...> wrote:
      > Noble Cousin!

      Where they still claiming to
      > be
      > broadcasting from Boston? That was quite amusing as
      > the
      > parent company appears to be Canadian and I don't
      > know
      > of any Mr. Donught stores in metropolitain Boston.
      > Is
      > the four story very fancy donought store still
      > around in
      > Shinjuku?

      Yes, they were still claiming to broadcast from
      Boston--though for about 3 months all the radio
      broadcast was about San Francisco's Chinatown, since
      they had a nikuman/anman/ramen special going. As far
      as the one in Shinjuku, last time I was there was
      probably March of 1996...it was there then. Of course,
      I haven't spent hours upon hours in Mr. D since June
      of 1996, either.

      Shonaigawa

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 3 1:27 PM

        I should also add that the donuts at Mr. Donut in Japan are pretty
        good. However, I should add to the note posted about Mr. Donut in
        Japan that it does show signs of Japanese management. The Boston
        Radio program is just one of them. So while Mr. Donut is not quite
        as Japanese as Dom Dom, it comes pretty close.