Re: [SCA-JML] Japanese garb pages up

  • debbie strub
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 1 9:23 PM
      Greetings,

      At 11:59 AM 6/27/2001 -0500, you wrote:
      debbie strub wrote:

      >          Well, I used to think I knew something about this stuff and I
      > suppose I do for someone who can use only English language references.  But
      > the more I learn I realize there's even more that I don't know.

      Maybe I shouldn't tell you this, but you should hear *me* bitch and moan about
      that same thing. <G> I'm actually embarrassed about some of the things I
      published in years gone by.

               Join the club.  And you know lots more about this stuff than I do.  I've been intending to revise some of my earlier handouts and such for a long time.  Now I think it's going to be easier to just re-write the whole thing.

      > > >          Will you be adding a bibliography?
      > >
      > >More than you could stand. <G>
      >
      >          I can stand quite a bit!  :)  I'm one of those perverts who
      > actually LIKES to do research.  Thanks again for your help.

      Ew, what's wrong with you? <G>

               Toldja I was a perv!  I was a nerd before they invented the term.  I even wear glasses!  And I've always got a book with me.  Really drives some people nuts.

      Several more garments have been added, including a pile of Buddhist thingies,
      and some others have been tweeked....

      This is why I hate putting things up before their done (no one is going to
      check every day or look for new things all the time, but...) but I do feel that
      it could serve some semblance of a purpose now.

               I still enjoy checking it out even as it's being developed.  I can't wait for the women's costume section to get done, and I'll bet I'm not the only one!
               BTW,  I found something in the kataginu section - it says the kataginu was worn right layered over left like a kosode...  Isn't that the other way around, i.e. left over right?

      Deb/Tsuruko