Re: [SCA-JML] leather for scadian armour

  • Grim Shieldsson
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2001
      --- Blkrose@... wrote:
      > In a message dated 6/28/2001 3:12:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > grimshieldsson@... writes:
      >

      > > Once the unit gets it down... it's nasty
      > > and ugly. Can be done when a singleton charges the line, or if one
      > > person in the middle is pushing real hard. If you can train the
      > shield
      > > line to let the person pop through, typically your rear security
      > folk
      > > can gang up on him/her before they can really get their wits about
      > them
      > > again. Neat technique, with enough training and fortunately not
      > many
      > >

      > Great idea. Will be adding to my units practice asap!! :0)
      >
      > Thanks, Syr Theo

      My pleasure... pardon me while I make mental to note to avoid you
      unit.. :) *LOL*
      The technique was originally developed becuase a single fighter could
      tie up an entire unit as everyone stopped to take a swing at him. Much
      better to let the singleton through ( assuming you have folk in the
      rear to handle him) then to destroy the unit cohesion. This in general
      assumes the single fighter has some support, ie a unit within charge
      range.
      The odd result of this tactic is that some of the fighters forgot how
      to fight 2+ vs one... Seems the unit commanders have over stressed the
      unit cohesion thing. So, while training the technique, don't forget to
      balance it with what to do with just a single fighter with no support.

      =====
      Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
      Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
      Barbarian Freehold Alliance
      Oppurtunity doesn't knock. It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
      --Kyle Chandler

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/