Garb question, armor in court

  • Miles Robinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2001
      I have reviewed the mountain of material on garb in the archives and
      haven't found the answer I am looking for so I hope that someone can
      help me. I thought that I had remembered reading somewhere about the
      wearing of armor and weapons in court. I thought that the article
      had said that occasionally castle guards would wear kote only within
      the walls of the castle or some such thing.

      First, what were the rules for wearing armor when not in battle, if
      any, and secondly, is it period for Muromachi era to wear shino-gote
      (or, more appropriately a varition not requiring connection to the
      rest of the armor) under the regular garb sleeves?

      I am trying to give more period appearance to my need for gauntlets
      when fighting light weapons( with shinai, not rapier. Some of us do
      that in Caid).

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Miles