Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Japanese participation

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 23 , May 23, 2001
      Send them to my fantasy group and they'll have a great time.

      EXACTLY!  I have played in LARPs and it's a great time.  But when I was there, I did total fantasy.  When I'm here (in the SCA), I do history.  You have to make concessions for both (Lady Fujiwara is far taller than any Heian noblelady and my fantasy character really couldn't hurl lightning bolts...) but you stay within the realm of the "game" in each case.

      I agree about not cheering on what I see as a mistake.  How do we
      make a difference when entire groups make Coke and Brownies a big
      part of their lunch "tavern?"  I volunteered to do the lunch tavern
      myself as a period option and was told, no, don't worry, people like
      it this way.

      That's a shame...  People can have Coke and brownies anywhere.  But where else can they get a meal preparing using recipies from medieval cookbooks?

      Kass