Re: armor

  • ronbroberg@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 29, 2001
      > > Does anyone know of any reputable armorers who make
      > > yori/kabuto for sale? I've seen a few online, but am
      > > not too sure of the quality. if there are any I should
      > > check out, please let me know. I'd like to make my
      > > own, but am considering buying at least a kabuto (if
      > > the chancellor of the exchequer allows) for combat.
      >
      > but I would much prefer a good kabuto.
      >
      > It seems that most people make their own, is that true?
      >
      > -Ii

      Sixteen years old and 12 pounds, I made my kabuto over a weekend while
      housesitting someone with extensive metal working tools. Eight plates
      and cold work in 14 gauge steel. The menpo was only 16 gauge and the
      nose is squashed flatter than Jackie Chan's. It isn't pretty but it
      will be functional much longer than I will. [My favorite compliment
      was from a young boy, 4-6 years old who, upon seeing me in armour, hid
      behind his mother's skirts and said "He's scary!"]

      --otagiri