Re: [SCA-JML] WEB Page References

  • fsjlb4@aurora.uaf.edu
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 29, 2001
      On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Barbara Nostrand wrote:

      > Noble Cousins!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! Whenever you refer to a web page, please
      > include the URL so that others can find it. Thank you very much.

      Was there a specific web page referenced without a URL, or is this a
      general statement (good rule of thumb, btw)? Forgive me, I just couldn't
      tell if this was a reply to a specific post or more general, and would
      like to know if I had forgotten to add a URL to my post somewhere.

      -Ii
    • ronbroberg@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 29, 2001
        > > Does anyone know of any reputable armorers who make
        > > yori/kabuto for sale? I've seen a few online, but am
        > > not too sure of the quality. if there are any I should
        > > check out, please let me know. I'd like to make my
        > > own, but am considering buying at least a kabuto (if
        > > the chancellor of the exchequer allows) for combat.
        >
        > but I would much prefer a good kabuto.
        >
        > It seems that most people make their own, is that true?
        >
        > -Ii

        Sixteen years old and 12 pounds, I made my kabuto over a weekend while
        housesitting someone with extensive metal working tools. Eight plates
        and cold work in 14 gauge steel. The menpo was only 16 gauge and the
        nose is squashed flatter than Jackie Chan's. It isn't pretty but it
        will be functional much longer than I will. [My favorite compliment
        was from a young boy, 4-6 years old who, upon seeing me in armour, hid
        behind his mother's skirts and said "He's scary!"]

        --otagiri