Re: [SCA-JML] and oh yeah...

  • Gara of Lions Gate
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26 9:53 AM
      > Gara of Lions Gate wrote:
      >
      > > By the way Effingham-dono, what do you think of Ian Buruma? He wrote
      the
      > > cover article for that Time webpage... just wondering your opinion of
      his
      > > books and him as an author. I've read some of his other stuff... that's
      all
      > > I'm gonna say, lol.
      >
      > Pretty fair journalist. He wrote for me (well, for *us*) when I was an
      editor at Mainichi Daily News.

      > And his "Pink Samurai" is... well, a classic in its own right.
      >

      > Effingham

      Hmm, well that's good to know... maybe when I go home I'll give him another
      try. I was always a little miffed at getting a D on a book review I wrote
      on one of his books. I guess I should have been annoyed at the prof though
      huh? *grin* It was a good review, probably one of the better ones I wrote.
      I hate having to "agree" with a professor in order to get a good grade!!!

      Gara