Re: [SCA-JML] RE: Classes - was (unknown)

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 24, 2001
      Theodric Dono!

      Greetings from Solveig! The class will cover aspects of
      hisotrical Japanese design such as doors, roofs, toilets, &c.
      The closest thing to a large public building in Japan was
      the lecutre halls at Buddhist temples. Members of the
      Japanese deligation to Washignton in the 19th century
      remarked upon the lack of posts in American buildings.
      I have detailed floor plans for a couple of Japanese
      castles, mmaybe I can find a room to fit your liking in
      one of those. Fortunately 20 x 30 isn't too big. However,
      you should of course think in terms of mats. Depending
      upon where you live, a mat can be 2m x 1 m or somewhat
      smaller. You should think in terms of a regular
      distribution of mats. (This is one area where asymetry
      does not reign supreme.) Regardless, a whole building
      will be laid out in terms of these building units.

      | techie.com, msn.com |