Re: [SCA-JML] OOP Movies was Ten to Chi to

  • Nate Ledbetter
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 23, 2001
      I'd offer my hostfam's place to stay, but it's kind of
      small...

      We should plan it either for hanami, or for the same
      time as the Tagata-jinja festival...that way those who
      haven't can see the REAL penis festival...

      --- "J. Badgley" <fsjlb4@...> wrote:
      > On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Anthony J. Bryant wrote:
      >
      > > Sigh. I miss Nagoya...

      ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Kaeritaindayooooooouuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!

      > Seems like a fairly common sentiment. Hmmm, maybe we
      > should all plan for a
      > big Nagoya-based event in say, about 5 years (build
      > up funds, have time to
      > plan, etc) ;) Just imagine if we could hold a
      > Japanese event under the
      > cherry blossoms in the castle walls.

      At Inuyama...much better than Ferro-concrete Nagoya-jo
      (My hostmom got into a big row over Meijo...she kept
      hinting that "it's concrete for a reason..." (the
      bombing in WWII" and I'd just reply, yeah, who bombed
      who first?")

      > Of course, the Japanese would probably wonder at all
      > these gaikokujin
      > dressed up in jidai-geki clothes and pretending to
      > be Japanese,

      You do get funny looks. I was the tallest kimono clad
      person (the geta helped) at Atsuta-Jingu on Oshogatsu.
      Especially when I had to run to catch the
      subway...CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK....

      (Man, I wanted to be in
      > that armour, on that
      > horse, firing those guns. Sigh.)

      I'm going one day (I'll be stationed in Japan,
      eventually....) to try to get in on the Nagashino
      festival...we'll see...

      Natsukashiiiiiii.....

      Shonaigawa

      (Shibata Neddo)