RE: [SCA-JML] New translation project

  • Munson, Eric
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
      > ----------
      > From: Anthony J. Bryant
      > Greetings, all!
      >

      > I thought I'd post this amusing bit of info here.
      >
      > Those of you who believe in fate may take note of this.
      >
      > I've just signed on to translate the third volume in a three-volume
      > history
      > of Japan. The first two were translated and published a year or so ago.
      > The
      > third volume begins with Oda Nobunaga, and goes to the end of WWII.
      >
      > The author was a professor (rather right wing <G>) at Tokyo Imperial
      > University, who resigned his position on the day Japan announced surrender
      > in 1945.
      >
      > His given name is Kiyoshi, and his surname is....
      >

      > Hiraizumi.

      ----EeeK! Too weird. Maybe the karma wheel is spinning for you, Effingham -
      I mean - Hiraizumi-meijin - I mean - Mr. Bryant. Just let us know if you
      have any weird para-normal experiences as you work on the text. I can se it
      now.. you sitting alone in a dark dank cell, surrounded by papers, hair
      unkempt and three-inch long finger nails, "Leave me alone! I'm
      Translating!!! You... You Barbarians just don't understand!"

      Or is that what life as a grad student is already like? ; -)

      Seriously, best of luck with the project. Sounds great!

      - mokurai
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
        "Munson, Eric" wrote:

        > ----EeeK! Too weird. Maybe the karma wheel is spinning for you, Effingham -

        <grumble> bout bloody time <grumble grumble>

        > I mean - Hiraizumi-meijin - I mean - Mr. Bryant. Just let us know if you
        > have any weird para-normal experiences as you work on the text. I can se it
        > now.. you sitting alone in a dark dank cell, surrounded by papers, hair
        > unkempt and three-inch long finger nails, "Leave me alone! I'm
        > Translating!!! You... You Barbarians just don't understand!"

        LOL!

        > Or is that what life as a grad student is already like? ; -)

        You've pinned that tail square on the donkey's behind!

        > Seriously, best of luck with the project. Sounds great!

        Thank you!

        I appreciate it!

        Effinghiraizumi