Getting Started

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
      Minna-sama e

      I'm just getting started with the whole Japanese persona thing, and I
      was wondering if anybody had any advice. All I've really done so far
      is a lot of research online checking out reenactment stuff, in
      addition to the many years I've spent studying Japanese history on my
      own. I've never been to any SCA events, but really want to check them
      out and am trying to get ahold of the group in my area (Northern KY).

      Anyways, if anybody had any ideas on where I should start (I mean
      with what kind of clothing, etc.) Please let me know. I'd like to
      portray a senior retainer to one of the more important daimyo;
      someone in the mold of Honda Tadakatsu or a pre-Honno-ji Hashiba
      Hideyoshi.

      Thanks!

      Shonaigawa Genichiro Toshinobu
      (Nate Ledbetter)
    • Blkrose@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2001
        In a message dated 4/3/2001 7:06:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        ltdomer98@... writes:

        I've never been to any SCA events, but really want to check them
        out and am trying to get ahold of the group in my area (Northern KY).

        Hi,

        Thought I might be able to help you find a group. The Shire of Dragonsmark is
        Lexington, KY.   If this isn't close enough, let me know, and I will see what
        else is around your area. :0)

        Syr Theodric von Rostock