Re: [SCA-JML] Armour question

  • Craig Gehlert III
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2001

      >Hello all!
      >I am having a reoccuring problem with my armour and thought that others might have insight as to how to fix it. The front of my kusazuri gets caught between my legs when I take a wide stance when using two weapons and a great weapon. After I get home from practice, the insides of my thighs are bruised up from the solid lames of the front panel getting wedged in my legs. Is there something I can do to overcome this as far as designing a new suit? Is this a common thing? What has anyone else done about having the same problems?
      >Thanks for all your attention,
      >Pocy
                     how big are your kusazuris? and  how many do you have  from your do?

    • schneider
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2001
        I have six and they are about seven inches or so long at the bottom.

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2001
          >I have six and they are about seven inches or so long at the bottom.
          >Pocy
          > how big are your kusazuris? and how many do you have
          >from your do?

          ok ok there are severl things one could do...one (not perid or my best
          option)tie the bottom of the front three kurazuris together;
          i used more plates but a smaller leingth...mine are about 5 1/2 to 6 inchs
          at the base...but my armor fits nine sets along the bottom...

          or for even better resolts...change your foot work alil'..less linerer
          and more side to side with tight cirules at the end of the movement...

          on a lighter note are you goint to be going to the esla festival?if you
          where to you would not be the only japanese persona there!

          JUST THINGS TO LOOK AT

          unnamed bushi...formal known as ichimitsu
        • schneider
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2001
            on a lighter note are you goint to be going to the esla festival?if you
            > where to you would not be the only japanese persona there!
            >
            > JUST THINGS TO LOOK AT
            >
            > unnamed bushi...formal known as ichimitsu

            When and where is that?
            Pocy