Re: [SCA-JML] amazake exposed?

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 4, 2001

      In amongst recipes for salting down whale and making overnight sushi,
      I found a recipe for Shirokawa Amazake which takes about 3 days during
      the Summer and about 5 days during the Winter. Are you interested in
      that one as well?

      | techie.com, msn.com |
    • wcbooth@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 4, 2001
        --- In sca-jml@y..., Barbara Nostrand <nostrand@a...> wrote:
        > Noble Cousin!
        >
        > In amongst recipes for salting down whale and making overnight
        sushi,
        > I found a recipe for Shirokawa Amazake which takes about 3 days
        during
        > the Summer and about 5 days during the Winter. Are you interested in
        > that one as well?

        of course!

        Nobu
      • Barbara Nostrand
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 4, 2001

          I just thought that I would mention that paper bags appear in the food
          preservation section of Ryorimonogatari which puts them back to at
          least 1640. Before you quote me on that one, please let me check the
          original monjo to be sure. But, it looks like we do have paper bags
          available. Just think of the amusement potential. There you are in
          the feast hall and you whip out your paper bag made out of washi.

          | techie.com, msn.com |