Re: [SCA-JML] my site, my sake, my goodness!!!!

  • Barbara Nostrand
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
      Noble Cousin!

      Please forgive me for not checking your esteemed site before offering
      the Chemistry of Sake. I downloaded in postscript format a year or two
      ago and converted it to pdf format when I saw people talking about sake.

      The other sake stuff that I am talking about is from Ryorimonogatari
      which I am currently trying to translate into English and which I
      hope to make part of a modest leaflet on Japanese food and food
      culture to appear at Pennsic XXXI. (No. I can not get it done in
      time for Pennsic XXX.) Regardless, I would very much like for as
      much of the stuff in the leaflet to be "kitchen tested" as possible.
      Since I do not customarily drink alcoholic beverages, I am not
      prepared to comment upon the results. Some of the recipes (such as
      the ones for whale) will not be tested as they would be illegal
      in North America. (No. I do not know a good substitute for whale.)

      Regardless. The working title for my insignificant leaflet is,
      "Samurai Chef: Food & Food Culture in Premodern Japan"

      | techie.com, msn.com |