'Doumo in 100-packs, and my *last* attempt on "ka".

  • lynnx@enteract.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
      > Greetings, S. E. (It's very embarrassing, but I am afraid my brain is
      > fixated on your e-mail handle of "lynnx" and I can not recall your SCA
      > name.
      > My humble apologies.)

      apologies??? hooh! Given how far off *I* was on pretty much
      everything ...*I* owe the whole list (and you for putting
      you on the "spot" with having to explain "ka!"... i also
      owe you another one for that!

      As for my SCA handle... fixate on this (deliberate, if you
      watched TV in the 60s...

      Sister Ed.

      (Short for "edwinna" which i chose so i could do the above
      to everyone old enuff to remember back that far. And for
      absolutely no reason but to be a P.I.T.A.!)

      The warpage of attitude is explainable simply, also.
      Deprived childhood - we only got 3 channels.
      <$#@+eatinggrin>

      You can also call me sis, sister, Eddie, yo YOU!, Gaijin!!,
      baka ...but please, *don't* call me "Ed". ;->

      Sorry to be such a *pest* but when i can't get something
      (except math) I just don't let up - gotta hate that sooner
      or later, I guess.

      None the less one more (::LAST::) time: Is "Ka!" more like
      the equivalent of the <<t-t-chhhh!>> noise (sometimes
      accompanied by motions resembling two taps on a snare drum
      followed by one hand up/across hitting the "high-hat"
      lightly) "congratulating" someone on a well-aimed, timed, or
      or just Right-On remark or action?

      If THAT isn't it, or the above looks like the cats just
      Morris-danced all over my keyboard, *please don't* answer
      it: i already sorta knew i was not cut out for Japnese
      style philosophy/religion/Meaning-art (like poetry etc.)

      I'll consider it another (*self-induced*) reminder and go
      back to my more familiar and slightly safer

      Wafuku-huntin'

      Gaijin :)
      nanori no No
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
        Sister Ed!

        Greetings from Solveig! I just could not resist your posting. Do
        you perchance have a recording contract for your song about the
        Little Filly with the One Horse Shay? I wonder whether whether
        there are any good dissertations out there on the whole genre
        to which that particular television program belongs along with:
        My Favorite Martian, Bewitched, and I Dream of Jeanie. I do not
        believe that The People's Choice or Topper are members of that
        particular genre. Nor are The Munsters or The Adams Family.

        My theory is that this genre manifests a reaction to the mass
        conformity of the Eisenhower years in general an the McCarthy
        period in particular.

        Amateur Schoalr
        | techie.com, msn.com |