men's clothing

  • Andrea Gideon
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 5:35 AM
      After seeing "When the Rain Lifts" last night, my husband has once again
      become interested in doing Japanese. The old clothing that he has is
      unacceptable (ie. made from the Folkwear patterns). I need some
      reccomendations on where to start. He prefers 16th cent and is not a
      heavy fighter. There is such a variety of files at the yahoogroups
      site, I don't know where to begin. I'm looking for a basic outfit that
      can get him started.

      Giovanna
      Nadeshiko
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7 10:21 PM
        Andrea Gideon wrote:

        > After seeing "When the Rain Lifts" last night, my husband has once again
        > become interested in doing Japanese. The old clothing that he has is
        > unacceptable (ie. made from the Folkwear patterns). I need some
        > reccomendations on where to start. He prefers 16th cent and is not a
        > heavy fighter. There is such a variety of files at the yahoogroups
        > site, I don't know where to begin. I'm looking for a basic outfit that
        > can get him started.

        In that period, typical daywear for samurai types would be a hakama and
        matching kataginu, and a kosode or two under it.

        Alternatively, a hakama and kosode or two, with a dobuku (sort of a
        sleeveless jacket, or a butt-length vest).