my site, my sake, my goodness!!!!

  • wcbooth@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2001
      wow..take a little break, do a quick bit of research and boom!

      ok.. my site, i guess i will have to build a Bibliography section
      into it.... i'll add in the list's biblo too....

      Solvieg, thank you. i could not for the life of me remember what the
      heck it was called, and yes, it's up there, along with the recipes i
      am currently using....

      AND I will document the results of the various recipies.. right now,
      i'll be using the Doburoku recipe, which should produce a drinkable
      cloudy(dobuoku) sake.. with i'd be guessing a high residual suger....

      Nobumitsu

      www.angelfire.com/on3/sanazami
    • Barbara Nostrand
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001

        Please forgive me for not checking your esteemed site before offering
        the Chemistry of Sake. I downloaded in postscript format a year or two
        ago and converted it to pdf format when I saw people talking about sake.

        The other sake stuff that I am talking about is from Ryorimonogatari
        which I am currently trying to translate into English and which I
        hope to make part of a modest leaflet on Japanese food and food
        culture to appear at Pennsic XXXI. (No. I can not get it done in
        time for Pennsic XXX.) Regardless, I would very much like for as
        much of the stuff in the leaflet to be "kitchen tested" as possible.
        Since I do not customarily drink alcoholic beverages, I am not
        prepared to comment upon the results. Some of the recipes (such as
        the ones for whale) will not be tested as they would be illegal
        in North America. (No. I do not know a good substitute for whale.)

        Regardless. The working title for my insignificant leaflet is,
        "Samurai Chef: Food & Food Culture in Premodern Japan"

        | techie.com, msn.com |