Re: [SCA-JML] mempo moustache

  • M & A
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2001
      Horsehair. www.tandyleather.com  look under craft components and then horsehair, then page 5.  I bought 4 oz thats a LOT of horse hair.

       It perfect and lasts a long time.

      Mori
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: schneider
      Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 8:22 AM
      Subject: [SCA-JML] mempo moustache

      Well,
      I have finally overcome my muscular disorder and gotten off my butt. I have made a mempo from the pattern I posted at the e-groups page and was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to what to make a moustache for it with? Also, there was a particular style of moustache mentioned in an earlier post that I ould like to know more about. How it was worn and how much lip hair is needed to pull it off. I have a handle bar moustache already and am thinking of changing styles :)
      Thanks all,
      Pocy

    • schneider
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2001
        What about attaching? What works best for glueing hair to russeted steel?
        Pocy
        > In a message dated 3/2/01 9:22:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        > schneider@... writes:
        >
        > << Well,
        > I have finally overcome my muscular disorder and gotten off my butt. I
        have
        > made a mempo from the pattern I posted at the e-groups page and was
        wondering
        > if anyone had suggestions as to what to make a moustache for it with?
        Also,
        > there was a particular style of moustache mentioned in an earlier post
        that I
        > ould like to know more about. How it was worn and how much lip hair is
        needed
        > to pull it off. I have a handle bar moustache already and am thinking of
        > changing styles :)
        > Thanks all,
        > Pocy
        > >>
        > If you can get some, I would suggest horse tail hair. Its strong and
        rather
        > stiff.
        >
        > Theodric

      • M & A
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2001
          To attach it I used a garbage wire tie. Black it works great.  Look at pic.