FW: [Authentic_SCA] New email group

  • stephen higa
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2001
      FW: [Authentic_SCA] New email group I apologize for this, as well. :)  But I figured the good people on this list might also be interested.

      Moshe ben Yishma'el
      Tenkai-bozu
      Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
      menhs en cort que de belh saber
      de trobar -- qu'auzir e vezer
      hi vol hom mais captenhs leugiers
      e critz mesclatz ab dezonor.

                      --Guiraut Riquier, 1292

      ----------
      From: Mark Calderwood <mark-c@...>
      To: Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Authentic_SCA] New email group
      Date: Tue, Feb 27, 2001, 10:15 PM

      Greetings everyone,
      Please forgive the blatant plug and tangential relevance of this post, but I thought the good people on this list might be especially interested. I have set up the egroup I previously mentioned, the Academy of Hagia Sophia, for discussion of all aspects of period religion and practices derived therefrom. This is intended to be a serious but enjoyable discussion of period religion, on subjects including but not limited to theology, art and iconography, music, hagiography, dress and social customs, politics and religion, crusades and jihads. Proselytising, spamming or flamewars are strictly prohibited. To subscribe, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hagia_Sophia and select your subscription and delivery options. I look forward to some interesting and enlightening discussions, and hope that you can join us.

      your servant
      Giles de Laval
      Hagia Sophia Moderator

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      Click here for Classmates.com <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=163100.1330039.2920210.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700767503:N/A=524804/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=2629>
      This is the Authentic SCA eGroup

    • Andrea Gideon
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2001
        stephen higa wrote:

        > I apologize for this, as well. :) But I figured the good people on
        > this list might also be interested.
        >
        > also, please do check out
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Authentic_SCA It might be of interest.
        >
        > Moshe ben Yishma'el
        > Tenkai-bozu

        I subscribed to this list back in August and have not gotten a single
        e-mail. It's a nice idea, but it doesn't seem to be working.

        Giovanna
        Nadeshiko
      • stephen higa
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2001
          Did you unsubscribe? I thought it wasn't going to work at first, either,
          but now there are several lively discussions going on! Even if you've
          unsubscribed, you can still access the message archive (I believe).

          Tenkai-bozu
          Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
          menhs en cort que de belh saber
          de trobar -- qu'auzir e vezer
          hi vol hom mais captenhs leugiers
          e critz mesclatz ab dezonor.

          --Guiraut Riquier, 1292

          ----------
          >From: Andrea Gideon <andrea@...>
          >To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] FW: [Authentic_SCA] New email group
          >Date: Wed, Feb 28, 2001, 4:27 AM
          >

          > stephen higa wrote:
          >
          >> I apologize for this, as well. :) But I figured the good people on
          >> this list might also be interested.
          >>
          >> also, please do check out
          >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Authentic_SCA It might be of interest.
          >>
          >> Moshe ben Yishma'el
          >> Tenkai-bozu
          >
          > I subscribed to this list back in August and have not gotten a single
          > e-mail. It's a nice idea, but it doesn't seem to be working.
          >
          > Giovanna
          > Nadeshiko

        • Andrea Gideon
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 28, 2001
            stephen higa wrote:

            > Did you unsubscribe? I thought it wasn't going to work at first, either,
            > but now there are several lively discussions going on! Even if you've
            > unsubscribed, you can still access the message archive (I believe).
            >
            > Tenkai-bozu

            It's possible but when I changed my e-mail address for all of e-groups, it
            should have changed it for all my lists. I'll go check.
            Andrea
          • Gara of Lions Gate
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2001
              Don't count on it.  When eGroups switched over to Yahoo I stopped getting the emails on this list as well as the SCA-newbie list.  NOT by any choice of mine I'd point out.  After a few complaint emails it seemed to regulate itself.  They tried to claim my emails were bouncing.  Uh huh sure.

              Gara