Re: [SCA-JML] kyudo randomness

  • schneider
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2001
      Asahi yumi and kyudo.com has soem good preliminary reading on kyudo. Western
      archery may give you a good base to start but with kyudo, the arrow is on
      the outside, the bow is not a uniform shape, there is also the grip you must
      use and how to draw the bow (forgot the actual term for it) and the release.
      I know a lot of guys here that bow hunt and draw with their fingers, kyudo
      you use your thumb, thus the special glove. Visualization is the utmost key
      as well as performance.
      Pocy
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9, 2001
        lynnx@... wrote:

        > would plain ole' modern archery contain enough of the basic
        > basics to teach stance, grip, pull/release etc. without
        > drilling anything that would have to be "unlearned" for
        > kyudo?

        Definitely not; kyudo has a very specific grip, way to draw, and a very
        very eccentric release.