Re: [SCA-JML] yahoogroups?

  • Joshua Badgley
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
      On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Andrea Gideon wrote:

      > I've been very sick the past week and haven't checked my mail in a
      > while. When did we become yahoo groups and what happened to e-groups?
      > I'm the moderator of another e-groups list and didn't recieve and info.

      Well, the merge happened a while ago (about a year or so, IIRC). At the
      time, there was no real change, however. Then, just recently, everything
      switched.

      All of the mail still seems to come through fine, and if you had an
      egroups account you can go to groups.yahoo.com and add all the info to a
      new or existing yahoo account.

      Welcome to Yahoo!

      -Ii Saburou
    • Confucius
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2001
        Re: [SCA-JML] yahoogroups? I moderate a few groups, and I got some notices in the email in December...Are you subscribed to the eGroups Moderator announcement list?

        Health attend you,
        Nameless Person
        Qu'er non es grazitz lunhs mestiers
        menhs en cort que de belh saber
        de trobar -- qu'auzir e vezer
        hi vol hom mais captenhs leugiers
        e critz mesclatz ab dezonor.

                        --Guiraut Riquier, 1292

        ----------
        From: "Gara of Lions Gate" <kymbeee@...>
        To: <sca-jml@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [SCA-JML] yahoogroups?
        Date: Wed, Feb 7, 2001, 12:15 PM

        Yahoo bought eGroups a few months ago, and there has been an announcement at the bottom of all the emails for awhile, saying such, with a link to get more information.  But if you're like me and have learned to ignore the advertisements, you probably didn't see that.  It took me awhile to notice.  As for whether or not the group moderators were supposed to receive a notice, I don't know.

        Gara

        p.s. This is what the announcement looked like:
        Click here <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=77122.1253508.2843852.908943/D=egroupmail/S=1700767503:N/A=537257/R=0/*http://www.egroups.com/local/news.html>  for more details

        I've been very sick the past week and haven't checked my mail in a
        while.  When did we become yahoo groups and what happened to e-groups?
        I'm the moderator of another e-groups list and didn't recieve and info.

        andrea

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        www.

      • Andrea Gideon
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 7, 2001
          Confucius wrote:

          > I moderate a few groups, and I got some notices in the email in
          > December...Are you subscribed to the eGroups Moderator announcement
          > list?
          >
          > Health attend you,
          > Nameless Person

          Yes, but I haven't gotten anything from that list since before
          Christmas.

          Andrea
        • Gara of Lions Gate
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2001
            Yahoo bought eGroups a few months ago, and there has been an announcement at the bottom of all the emails for awhile, saying such, with a link to get more information.  But if you're like me and have learned to ignore the advertisements, you probably didn't see that.  It took me awhile to notice.  As for whether or not the group moderators were supposed to receive a notice, I don't know.

            Gara

            p.s. This is what the announcement looked like:
            Click here for more details