Useless information

  • Ogami Itto
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2001
      As a useless aside, I tried to find a copy of [u]Jidai Isho no
      Nuikata[/u] at my local college library. Having no luck (duh), I used
      OCLC to see if I could find a copy at any library in the entire US
      (well, any library in he system anyway). The only library that
      apparently has one is the Library of Congress. I wonder what the odds
      are of convincing them to loan it to me...?

      ~Takewara Yoshinobu
    • Kass McGann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2001
        > As a useless aside, I tried to find a copy of [u]Jidai Isho no
        > Nuikata[/u] at my local college library. Having no luck (duh), I
        used
        > OCLC to see if I could find a copy at any library in the entire US
        > (well, any library in he system anyway). The only library that
        > apparently has one is the Library of Congress. I wonder what the
        odds
        > are of convincing them to loan it to me...?

        Takewara-dono, I believe you can order one online from amazon.jp...

        Fujiwara no Aoi
      • Ogami Itto
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2001
          --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, "Kass McGann" <historian@r...> wrote:
          > > As a useless aside, I tried to find a copy of [u]Jidai Isho no
          > > Nuikata[/u] at my local college library. Having no luck (duh), I
          > used
          > > OCLC to see if I could find a copy at any library in the entire US
          > > (well, any library in he system anyway). The only library that
          > > apparently has one is the Library of Congress. I wonder what the
          > odds
          > > are of convincing them to loan it to me...?
          >
          > Takewara-dono, I believe you can order one online from amazon.jp...
          >
          > Fujiwara no Aoi

          I am unable to find that site. Could you post the entire web
          address? (I tried amazon.jp, www.amazon.jp, www.amazon.jp.co, etc
          etc etc.)
          Thank you again for your help. Now, who can I convince to
          translate this for me? ;)

          ~Takewara Yoshinobu
        • Kass McGann
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2001
            > I am unable to find that site. Could you post the entire web
            > address? (I tried amazon.jp, www.amazon.jp, www.amazon.jp.co, etc
            > etc etc.)
            > Thank you again for your help. Now, who can I convince to
            > translate this for me? ;)

            Sorry Takewara-dono. I lost my brain. You almost got it. It's
            amazon.co.jp

            I think you will find a lot of info there even if you can't read
            it... And you will begin to recognize the kanji for the different
            styles of clothing sooner than you would believe. It's just pattern
            recognition. Believe me.

            Fujiwara no Aoi