hakama

  • Andrea Gideon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2001
      while looking over my notes from all the Pennsic garb classes, I noticed
      that I had written that women's hakama were different from men's,
      however I did not give further explanation. Can anyone tell me how they
      differed?

      Andrea
    • Mark Grass
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 29, 2003
        Ok I know we have patterns in the JMl files but I was
        wondering how many panels would a wandering bushi have
        in his hakama? And how many pleats?
        Arimasa

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
          Mark Grass wrote:

          > Ok I know we have patterns in the JMl files but I was
          > wondering how many panels would a wandering bushi have
          > in his hakama? And how many pleats?

          What's a wondering bushi? <G>

          Hakama were commonly three-panel garments for all but the more formal ones,
          which typically were four.

          Effingham
        • Mark Grass
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 30, 2003
            Thank you kindly for the help.
            Arimasa
            > Mark Grass wrote:
            >
            > > Ok I know we have patterns in the JMl files but I
            > was
            > > wondering how many panels would a wandering bushi
            > have
            > > in his hakama? And how many pleats?
            >
            > What's a wondering bushi? <G>
            >
            > Hakama were commonly three-panel garments for all
            > but the more formal ones,
            > which typically were four.
            >

            > Effingham

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • Eric Munson
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003

              One who is looking for the bull.

              "Wandering and wondering,
              Wondering and wandering,
              My thoughts leave this familiar path,
              When I look back, I see it was never there at all."

              - mokurai