Re: [SCA-JML] Re: naming the web site

  • Gara of Lions Gate
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2001
      Well call me crazy... it sounds nice and all, but more as a sub-title than the actual name of the website.  It should have a name that is easy to refer to, IMO.  I'm just thinking about the number of times I've seen people on various lists refer to "Stefan's Florilegithingy" or something similar.  It seems that if the the name is too big/long/overbearing, people can't get it straight.

      So although I don't have a suggestion myself, I would suggest (wait, that sounds like an oxymoron...) naming it "yada yada, The Greater East-Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere", so that when we are commonly referring to it on the list or elsewhere, we can just call it "yada yada" instead of "The Greater East-Asian Co-something or other thingamajig".

      That's my two yen... I will now go back to trying to float them in a bowl of water  *grin*.

      Gara

      --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@i...> wrote:
      > OgamiAkira@a... wrote:
      >
      > > It seems to me that the web site shold have a name of historical
      > > significance, and yet be relevant.  How about "The Greater East-
      Asian
      > > Co-Prosperity Sphere"?
      >
      > Personally, I like this. It has a nice historical ring to it, and
      it would
      > give us a good reason to include the rest of Asian stuff under the
      Japanese
      > banner.
      >
      > >ahem<
      >

      > Effingham

      Well, does everyone like that name? because i'll have the newest
      version of the site up by tomorrow.......

      Nobum