Study of Archaic Braiding Techniques in Japan, by Masako Kinoshita

  • greek_nakos
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7 6:29 PM

      Help, I need this book.....ok maybe not need but really would like to at least hold a library copy.

      Doing some research on kumihimo, both marudai/takadai and kute-uchi, and I keep seeing this book over and over. I have a few Roderick Owen, a Jaqui Carey book and I know Masako is the premier authority on kute-uchi.

      But the cheapest I can find this book is on Amazon for $380 and according to WorldCat only two libraries have a copy, one in Georgia and one in Los Angeles. I'm going to hit up the Army War College library and see if they can do an inter-library loan.

      Does anyone know of physical copy location? Or anyone currently in Japan that can try to locate a cheaper copy for me?

      Nakos

    • Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7 11:52 PM
        Nakos wrote:
        > Help, I need this book.

        Yes, despite the current popularity of kumihimo and other forms of
        braiding, it seems like many of the best references were written
        decades ago and are now difficult to find.

        Have you checked out the information that Masako Kinoshita has on
        her website at "http://www.lmbric.net/", the Loop-Manipulation
        Braiding Research & Information Center?

        That site also has her contact information, though it hasn't been
        updated for a few years and may be inaccurate. Perhaps herself
        can point you in the direction of a copy.

        --
        THL Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
        (mka: Elliott C. Evans)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8 8:50 AM

          --Have you checked out the information that Masako Kinoshita has on
          her website at "http://www.lmbric.net/", the Loop-Manipulation
          Braiding Research & Information Center?

          Yep, have it bookmarked and I'll probably be downloading the whole site offline so I can peruse while off-line.

          Nakos