Re: [SCA-JML] naming the web site

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
      OgamiAkira@... wrote:

      > It seems to me that the web site shold have a name of historical
      > significance, and yet be relevant. How about "The Greater East-Asian
      > Co-Prosperity Sphere"?

      Personally, I like this. It has a nice historical ring to it, and it would
      give us a good reason to include the rest of Asian stuff under the Japanese
      banner.

      >ahem<

      Effingham
    • wcbooth@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
        --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@i...> wrote:
        > OgamiAkira@a... wrote:
        >
        > > It seems to me that the web site shold have a name of historical
        > > significance, and yet be relevant. How about "The Greater East-
        Asian
        > > Co-Prosperity Sphere"?
        >
        > Personally, I like this. It has a nice historical ring to it, and
        it would
        > give us a good reason to include the rest of Asian stuff under the
        Japanese
        > banner.
        >
        > >ahem<
        >

        > Effingham

        Well, does everyone like that name? because i'll have the newest
        version of the site up by tomorrow.......

        Nobum
      • Joshua Badgley
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
          On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 wcbooth@... wrote:

          > > > It seems to me that the web site shold have a name of historical
          > > > significance, and yet be relevant. How about "The Greater East-
          > Asian
          > > > Co-Prosperity Sphere"?
          > >
          > Well, does everyone like that name? because i'll have the newest
          > version of the site up by tomorrow.......

          Sounds good to me.

          -Ii
        • Gara of Lions Gate
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 5, 2001
            Well call me crazy... it sounds nice and all, but more as a sub-title than the actual name of the website.  It should have a name that is easy to refer to, IMO.  I'm just thinking about the number of times I've seen people on various lists refer to "Stefan's Florilegithingy" or something similar.  It seems that if the the name is too big/long/overbearing, people can't get it straight.

            So although I don't have a suggestion myself, I would suggest (wait, that sounds like an oxymoron...) naming it "yada yada, The Greater East-Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere", so that when we are commonly referring to it on the list or elsewhere, we can just call it "yada yada" instead of "The Greater East-Asian Co-something or other thingamajig".

            That's my two yen... I will now go back to trying to float them in a bowl of water  *grin*.

            Gara