RE: [SCA-JML] Re: More fun stuff....

  • GrimShieldsson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
      I would also, if I may, suggest that sources be cited with the answers.  This will help to alleviate many of the more contentious martial artists who seem to purvey some of this malarkey with great gusto.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2001
        Joshua Badgley wrote:

        > 2. Maeda Toshiie was famous for his use of shinobi.

        If you're "famous" for using shinobi, something's gone horribly wrong. <G>

        > 17. The Tokugawa Shogunate froze all the traditions of the Sengoku Jidai,
        > so there was very little change between 1600 and the 19th Century.

        I'm looking forward to seeing the answer -- and rationale -- for this one.
        <G>

        > 19. The western ideas, concepts, and objects brought by the Portugese were
        > spurned by most Japanese lords.

        This one depends a lot on what you consider "most" and what
        ideas/concepts/objects are under discussion...