Hiradaira Heibei

  • Joshua Badgley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
      I just saw this as a possible name combination: Hiradaira Heibei* and
      couldn't help myself but wonder if this was ever the name of a real person
      and how many people would try to kill me if I got someont to take this
      name. After all, it's great! All they'd have to do is learn one kanji
      and then write it four times! What's more, they wouldn't have to worry
      about the whole surname-first deal because it would be written the same
      either way. Okay, I'm having way too much fun with this.

      *Hiradaira and Heibei are both combinations of the same kanji which looks
      roughly like:

      ----- -----
      \ | / / | \
      ----- OR -----
      | |
      | |

      So the whole thing would be written like:

      ----- ----- ----- -----
      \ | / \ | / \ | / \ | /
      ----- ----- ----- -----
      | | | |
      | | | |

      In silliness,

      -Ii
    • Kass McGann
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
        > *Hiradaira and Heibei are both combinations of the same kanji which
        looks
        > roughly like:
        >
        > ----- -----
        > \ | / / | \
        > ----- OR -----
        > | |
        > | |

        > So the whole thing would be written like:
        >
        > ----- ----- ----- -----
        > \ | / \ | / \ | / \ | /
        > ----- ----- ----- -----
        > | | | |
        > | | | |

        It's all Chinese to me!

        Fujiwara no Aoi
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
          Joshua Badgley wrote:

          > I just saw this as a possible name combination: Hiradaira Heibei* and
          > couldn't help myself but wonder if this was ever the name of a real person
          > and how many people would try to kill me if I got someont to take this
          > name. After all, it's great! All they'd have to do is learn one kanji
          > and then write it four times! What's more, they wouldn't have to worry
          > about the whole surname-first deal because it would be written the same
          > either way. Okay, I'm having way too much fun with this.

          I've seen refs to a couple of names where it's all one kanji repeated.

          I often felt that these people were like those named "Katherynne" or
          "Mikayla" today; the victims of very stupid and cruel parents... <g>.