Where to purchase Hakama

  • agnesvonh
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2013

      Due to limited amounts of sewing time and the many things that need sewing in the near future I am looking for a source to buy camp hakama for my husband. I will still make the nice stuff for his court clothes but to just get him a few extra pieces for day use at war and camping events I would like to just buy them. I can see plenty of akido and other martial arts sites that offer them. I am wondering if anyone here can recommend a specific site.

      Thanks

      Agnes

    • michaelforresthoffman
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2013

         http://www.sakuramartialarts.com/Martial_Arts_Hakama_Samurai_Pants_Aikido_Kendo_Iaido_s/536.htm

        Here is where our dojo purchases Hakama.

        ---In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <sca-jml@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Due to limited amounts of sewing time and the many things that need sewing in the near future I am looking for a source to buy camp hakama for my husband. I will still make the nice stuff for his court clothes but to just get him a few extra pieces for day use at war and camping events I would like to just buy them. I can see plenty of akido and other martial arts sites that offer them. I am wondering if anyone here can recommend a specific site.

        Thanks

        Agnes

      • Sakurai no Jirou Takeo
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2013
          Contact T'GER TOGGS @ tgertogg@... or through the website at www.TGERTOGGS.com

          He normally sells them for $38, but if you let him know you're SCA he'll sell for $32 plus shipping.  He needs thewaist size and length from the hip to the floor and he'll custom make them.

          Good quality.  Primarily makes them in black, but has some white that he's considering using if I want it.  If enough people request other colors, I'm sure that's a possibility.  I'm going to be ordering mine here shortly, I purchased all of the top parts of the outfits at the KCRenFest and because of my size, I'm needing to get the pants custom fit.

          Oh, one final thing.  Use the keyword serious so that he knows you are really wanting these.  He's got a lot of customers that "want" things but when he gets it made and goes to ship, they don't want them anymore or something like that.  But since we're SCA, he knows we're a lot more serious about this than others, hence the keyword.

          Sakurai no Jirou Takeo (aka Jeremiah Jennings)
          Kingdom of Calontir
          Barony of Forgotten Sea
          Canton of Aston Tor
          Champagne Players
          Argent, a torii gate gules and on a chief wavy sable three cherry blossoms argent

          Here is where our dojo purchases Hakama.

          ---In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <sca-jml@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Due to limited amounts of sewing time and the many things that need sewing in the near future I am looking for a source to buy camp hakama for my husband. I will still make the nice stuff for his court clothes but to just get him a few extra pieces for day use at war and camping events I would like to just buy them. I can see plenty of akido and other martial arts sites that offer them. I am wondering if anyone here can recommend a specific site.
          Thanks
          Agnes

        • Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2013
            Sakurai no Jirou Takeo wrote:
            > Contact T'GER TOGGS @ tgertogg@... or through the website at
            > www.TGERTOGGS.com

            T'ger Toggs runs a shop at Pennsic, and I know numerous people who have
            been happy with their purchases.

            I wish they would list more of their Japanese garb on their web site. They
            gets some of his fabric from Thailand, and it's great stuff, much more
            interesting than most places have in the USA. T'ger's hippari are very
            popular at Pennsic.

            --
            Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie roku-i
            (mka: Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans)

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 15, 2013
                  The white and purple ikat-dyed kosode here are from T'Ger Toggs. As you can
                  see, the sleeves on the white one were very long (I still have to shorten
                  them). The white was definitely made of cotton and was fuzzy and warm; I'm
                  not sure about the fiber content on the purple, but it was more loosely
                  woven and breezier. Their hakama (not shown in this image) are standard
                  quilting cotton, and everything is obviously machine sewn. Their gear is
                  very useful for building a casual wardrobe on a budget, but falls short on
                  authenticity. The ikat-dyed ones were available in a full range of colors,
                  and the hakama were in black, navy and red, but I'm sure they'd make them
                  in other colors.