RE: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)

  • m_martin85
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013

      I spent a little bit of quality time finagling google translate, and was able to get these kouchigi+uwagi+hitoe combinations translated:

      "Ayame no hitoe gasane"

      kouchigi - futaai
      uwagi - suou
      hitoe - ao

      "Hana Tachibana no hitoe gasane"
      kouchigi - suou
      uwagi - shiro
      hitoe - kuchiba

      "Nadeshiko no hitoe gasane"
      kouchigi - kurenai
      uwagi - suou
      hitoe - kobai

      "Ominaeshi no hitoe gasane"

      kouchigi - kurenai
      uwagi - kurenai
      hitoe - ominaeshi (ao/ki shot silk)

      "Suou no hitoe gasane"

      kouchigi - futaai
      uwagi - ominaeshi
      hitoe - suou

      "Hagino-tate no hitoe gasane"
      kouchigi - ominaeshi
      uwagi - suou
      hitoe - ao/suou shot silk (not sure of the name of this color combo)

      "Hagi no hitoe gasane"

      kouchigi - kurenai
      uwagi - ominaeshi
      hitoe - ao/suou shot

      "Usu suou no hitoe gasane"
      kouchigi - ao (lined with murasaki)

      uwagi - koki suou
      hitoe - usu suou

      "kurenai no hitoe gasane"

      kouchigi - koki ki
      uwagi - futaai
      hitoe - kurenai

      "Futaai no hitoe gasane"
      kouchigi - suou
      uwagi - ominaeshi
      hitoe - futaai

      "Ebizome no hitoe gasane"
      kouchigi - kurenai
      uwagi - shiro

      hitoe - suou

      "Shiroki no hitoe gasane"
      kouchigi - futaai
      uwagi - kurenai
      hitoe - shiro

      Whew! I think that suou no hitoe gasane sounds really lovely, as well as hagino-tate no hitoe gasane, with their layered shot silks. XD I'm tempted to whip up a few of these kasane for events in the summer!

    • Leah Lloyd
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2013
        Thank you so very much for doing this, it's greatly appreciated.
        Soga

        1a. Re: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)
            From:  m_martin85

        Message
        1a. Re: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)
            Posted by:  m_martin85@... m_martin85