RE: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)

  • m_martin85
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 27, 2013

      Woops, wrong link. I didn't realize that Google Translate would direct it back to the page I arrived at instead of the page I was trying to link to. This is the correct page - http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://tukineko.pekori.jp/heian/yougo2/ifuku/irome_ns/ns_3.html&usg=ALkJrhh0orfHBoKpxt_Os5uNcuc0COLvlw#aki

      If you go to the bottom of the page and click on the clothing menu, the site has links to other kasane schemes for throughout the year. :)

      ---In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <m_martin85@...> wrote:

      Came across this page just now, which seems to have quite a few of the 3-layer robes listed.

      http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftukineko.pekori.jp%2Fheian%2Fyougo2%2Fifuku%2Firome_ns%2Fns_2.html

      Not sure where they got those combinations, (Google Translate gave me "Kyoto Shoin" on the page, but I'm not sure what that means) but there are certainly quite a few to choose from! :D

      ---In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, <wodeford@...> wrote:

      Only if it contains murasaki (dyed with gromwell) or kurenai (dyed with safflower).

      Saionji no Hana, West
    • m_martin85
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013

        I spent a little bit of quality time finagling google translate, and was able to get these kouchigi+uwagi+hitoe combinations translated:

        "Ayame no hitoe gasane"

        kouchigi - futaai
        uwagi - suou
        hitoe - ao

        "Hana Tachibana no hitoe gasane"
        kouchigi - suou
        uwagi - shiro
        hitoe - kuchiba

        "Nadeshiko no hitoe gasane"
        kouchigi - kurenai
        uwagi - suou
        hitoe - kobai

        "Ominaeshi no hitoe gasane"

        kouchigi - kurenai
        uwagi - kurenai
        hitoe - ominaeshi (ao/ki shot silk)

        "Suou no hitoe gasane"

        kouchigi - futaai
        uwagi - ominaeshi
        hitoe - suou

        "Hagino-tate no hitoe gasane"
        kouchigi - ominaeshi
        uwagi - suou
        hitoe - ao/suou shot silk (not sure of the name of this color combo)

        "Hagi no hitoe gasane"

        kouchigi - kurenai
        uwagi - ominaeshi
        hitoe - ao/suou shot

        "Usu suou no hitoe gasane"
        kouchigi - ao (lined with murasaki)

        uwagi - koki suou
        hitoe - usu suou

        "kurenai no hitoe gasane"

        kouchigi - koki ki
        uwagi - futaai
        hitoe - kurenai

        "Futaai no hitoe gasane"
        kouchigi - suou
        uwagi - ominaeshi
        hitoe - futaai

        "Ebizome no hitoe gasane"
        kouchigi - kurenai
        uwagi - shiro

        hitoe - suou

        "Shiroki no hitoe gasane"
        kouchigi - futaai
        uwagi - kurenai
        hitoe - shiro

        Whew! I think that suou no hitoe gasane sounds really lovely, as well as hagino-tate no hitoe gasane, with their layered shot silks. XD I'm tempted to whip up a few of these kasane for events in the summer!

      • Leah Lloyd
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2013
          Thank you so very much for doing this, it's greatly appreciated.
          Soga

          1a. Re: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)
              From:  m_martin85

          Message
          1a. Re: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)
              Posted by:  m_martin85@... m_martin85