Re: RE: RE: RE: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 27, 2013
      Only if it contains murasaki (dyed with gromwell) or kurenai (dyed with safflower).

      Saionji no Hana, West
    • m_martin85
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 27, 2013

        Came across this page just now, which seems to have quite a few of the 3-layer robes listed.

        http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftukineko.pekori.jp%2Fheian%2Fyougo2%2Fifuku%2Firome_ns%2Fns_2.html

        Not sure where they got those combinations, (Google Translate gave me "Kyoto Shoin" on the page, but I'm not sure what that means) but there are certainly quite a few to choose from! :D

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013

            I spent a little bit of quality time finagling google translate, and was able to get these kouchigi+uwagi+hitoe combinations translated:

            "Ayame no hitoe gasane"

            kouchigi - futaai
            uwagi - suou
            hitoe - ao

            "Hana Tachibana no hitoe gasane"
            kouchigi - suou
            uwagi - shiro
            hitoe - kuchiba

            "Nadeshiko no hitoe gasane"
            kouchigi - kurenai
            uwagi - suou
            hitoe - kobai

            "Ominaeshi no hitoe gasane"

            kouchigi - kurenai
            uwagi - kurenai
            hitoe - ominaeshi (ao/ki shot silk)

            "Suou no hitoe gasane"

            kouchigi - futaai
            uwagi - ominaeshi
            hitoe - suou

            "Hagino-tate no hitoe gasane"
            kouchigi - ominaeshi
            uwagi - suou
            hitoe - ao/suou shot silk (not sure of the name of this color combo)

            "Hagi no hitoe gasane"

            kouchigi - kurenai
            uwagi - ominaeshi
            hitoe - ao/suou shot

            "Usu suou no hitoe gasane"
            kouchigi - ao (lined with murasaki)

            uwagi - koki suou
            hitoe - usu suou

            "kurenai no hitoe gasane"

            kouchigi - koki ki
            uwagi - futaai
            hitoe - kurenai

            "Futaai no hitoe gasane"
            kouchigi - suou
            uwagi - ominaeshi
            hitoe - futaai

            "Ebizome no hitoe gasane"
            kouchigi - kurenai
            uwagi - shiro

            hitoe - suou

            "Shiroki no hitoe gasane"
            kouchigi - futaai
            uwagi - kurenai
            hitoe - shiro

            Whew! I think that suou no hitoe gasane sounds really lovely, as well as hagino-tate no hitoe gasane, with their layered shot silks. XD I'm tempted to whip up a few of these kasane for events in the summer!

          • Leah Lloyd
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2013
              Thank you so very much for doing this, it's greatly appreciated.
              Soga

              1a. Re: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)
                  From:  m_martin85

              Message
              1a. Re: Informal Heian ensembles (for women)
                  Posted by:  m_martin85@... m_martin85