Re: [SCA-JML] Heian Calendar

  • Kevin Vicklund
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
      >>>8) each month contains exactly 1 of the odd (I think) numbered solar terms
      >>>9) if a month does not contain an odd numbered solar term, it is an intercalary month and treated as if it were part of the previous month

      My apologies, it is even-numbered solar terms.  The first solar term is the beginning of Japanese spring, around February 4th (often as not, this falls after the New Year).  The winter solstice is the 22nd solar term.  Note that if you divide the even-numbered term by two, you get the number of the month in which it falls.  Also, if there are twelve new moons between two winter solstices, there will be an intercalary month sometime during that span.

      -Sugawara no Tokihira
    • m_martin85
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013

        Thank you, everyone! Everything here has been really helpful, and has definitely made a few things click for me that I was struggling with before.