Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 231

  • michael A
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
      id love to enjoy some sake with people who appreciate
      its qualities.
      Has anyone propsed a day for the tourney?? It would
      be good to now when we are talking about before we
      start looking at other activities.
      -kiyohara

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
        Don Walli wrote:

        > On a related note, how many people would be inclined to get together at
        > Pennsic to enjoy a few
        > hours of each other's company and a few liters of my sake?

        Ah, damn. It's so hard to try to be dignified when you're waving your hands like
        a loon, drooling, and shouting "me! Me!!"

        > I can't claim to
        > have brewed it my-
        > self (not yet, anyway) but Iusually bring a few liters of a decent nigori
        > genshu ('unfiltered' sake,
        > usually Momokawa) and a few liters of Shirayuki. Perhaps we could also bring
        > snacks?

        If we can get a rice cooker there, it might be nice to make a few dozen onigiri
        and grill 'em up and sit around eating riceballs and drinking ricebooze.

        > Put it on after the tourney or other activities?

        I think we should have the drinking *before* the tourney. Could make things a
        *lot* more interesting. <G>

        > My goal for this idea is
        > simply to get to know a
        > few more of the members of this august company. And it wouldn't hurt to find a
        > couple of
        > other people who might appreciate sake as more than a novelty. ;-)

        Well, as a confirmed sakejunkie, I'm game.

        Effingham
      • GrimShieldsson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
          >> I can't claim to
          >> have brewed it my-
          >> self (not yet, anyway) but Iusually bring a few liters of a decent nigori
          >> genshu ('unfiltered' sake,
          >> usually Momokawa) and a few liters of Shirayuki. Perhaps we could also
          bring
          >> snacks?

          >If we can get a rice cooker there, it might be nice to make a few dozen
          onigiri
          >and grill 'em up and sit around eating riceballs and drinking ricebooze.

          And we could ride rice rockets... and rice burners and ride
          rice-a-pony's... yeah yeah yeah.

          ***** FEET DON"T FAIL ME NOW!!!!! ************
          :)