Re: Something fun... (answers)

  • Kass McGann
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2001
      > Japan's capital has moved several times. It has resided in Nara,
      > Kamakura, and Edo (later called Tokyo). The most affluent period,
      > however, is usually considered to be the Heian Jidai.

      One could argue that Japan's capital was NEVER in Kamakura. The
      Emperor didn't live there. Only the bakufu (tent government) did.
      It was the government city, but it was not "a capital". The Capital
      of Japan was Heian-kyo from 794 until 1868. Then it moved to Edo
      during the Meiji Restoration. Kyoto-ites have never truly forgiven
      the Emperor this mistake... ;)

      > 7. Which noble family was well known as the power behind the
      imperial
      > throne during the Heian Period:
      > a. Fujiwara
      > For a long period of Japanese history the Fujiwara family ruled as
      regents
      > of the emperors, manipulating the government from behind the
      throne. They
      > did this by marrying the emperor to their daughters and having
      themselves
      > appointed to powerful positions in the court. They never actually
      > overthrew the emperor and placed themselves on the throne, however.

      Sometimes they weren't even regents but just "grandfathers". From
      the beginning of Japanese history (and before, if you believe the
      legends) the same family has ruled. I mean, if you ignore
      that "southern court/northern court" thing... ;)

      Fujiwara no Aoi
      not Imperial
    • wcbooth@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2001
        > Fujiwara no Aoi
        > not Imperial

        ~points, and makes funny breathing noises~ then.. you are part of the
        Rebel Aliance, and a traitor..~motions to a couple of guy's in white
        armor~ Take her away!

        (many apologies, Fujiwara Dono, but i had to, or i'd have hurt
        myself...;) )

        Nobum
      • Kass McGann
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2001
          > (many apologies, Fujiwara Dono, but i had to, or i'd have hurt
          > myself...;) )

          Can't have you hurting yourself, Nobumitsu-dono... ;)

          Now if only I could figure out how to program a secret message into
          this palm pilot...

          Fujiwara no Aoi