Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Given name

    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 13, 2013

      So, now, what I want to know is what is the easiest way to document the name of an existing historical figure? I'm only going to use the given name, not the entire name. I found the name listed twice on the list of nyoin on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nyoin

      Inbu-mon In (殷富門院): Imperial Princess Sukeko (亮子内親王) (1147-1216) - mother-in-law(准母) of Emperor Antoku and Emperor Go-Toba
      and
      Kōhan-mon In (光範門院): Fujiwara no Sukeko (藤原資子) (1384-1440) - consort of Emperor Go-Komatsu (mother of Emperor Shōkō)

      Unfortunately, I do not believe that the College of Arms accepts Wikipedia articles. Fortunately, Sukeko 資子 appears in NCMJ. So you cite NCMJ as follows:

      Sakurai 桜井 (1482) NCMJ Rev Ed pg. 325
      Sukeko 資子 (1384) NCMJ Rev Ed pg. 305

      NCMJ is on the no photocopy list so pretty much all you need to do is cite the entries from NCMJ and note that Sakurai is a family name and Sukeko is a given name.

      Note. Sakura'i also appears in the table of ancient uji on page 396 or NCMJ Rev. Ed. So it is a very distinguished family.

    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 13, 2013
        The poster has been put on moderated status and given a warning.

        Saionji no Hana, Pacific Time Zone Moderator
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 2, 2014
          An abbreviated list of Azuchi-Momoya Feminine Given Names found in 『日本の女性名』by 角田 文衞 ISBN 4336047456 :

          Acha 阿茶
          Achacha 阿茶茶
          Achao 阿茶阿
          Ago あ五