Re: Given name

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 27 , Sep 13, 2013
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Sakura Takeda <takedasakura@...> wrote:

      > I got a reply on Facebook on documenting my name, so I wanted to say never mind on my last e-mail. Thanks very much to Saionji no Hana for the assist.

      You're welcome. (In case anyone cares, I provided page numbers from NCMJ.)

      Saionji no Hana, West Kingdom
    • rjb@ns.sympatico.ca
      Message 2 of 27 , Sep 13, 2013
        "wow I suppose you beat your kids and kick you dogs too for helping and the dog getting in the way
        slap you self and commit self infelicted death over dishonor to you ancestorys"

        Really, was THAT necessary? I can understand being upset because people took what you said the wrong way. But accusing people of child abuse and telling them to kill themselves is WAY over the line. It's not okay at all.

        -Aimee aka Hirokawa No Tsuru
        Message 3 of 27 , Sep 13, 2013

          So, now, what I want to know is what is the easiest way to document the name of an existing historical figure? I'm only going to use the given name, not the entire name. I found the name listed twice on the list of nyoin on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nyoin

          Inbu-mon In (殷富門院): Imperial Princess Sukeko (亮子内親王) (1147-1216) - mother-in-law(准母) of Emperor Antoku and Emperor Go-Toba
          and
          Kōhan-mon In (光範門院): Fujiwara no Sukeko (藤原資子) (1384-1440) - consort of Emperor Go-Komatsu (mother of Emperor Shōkō)

          Unfortunately, I do not believe that the College of Arms accepts Wikipedia articles. Fortunately, Sukeko 資子 appears in NCMJ. So you cite NCMJ as follows:

          Sakurai 桜井 (1482) NCMJ Rev Ed pg. 325
          Sukeko 資子 (1384) NCMJ Rev Ed pg. 305

          NCMJ is on the no photocopy list so pretty much all you need to do is cite the entries from NCMJ and note that Sakurai is a family name and Sukeko is a given name.

          Note. Sakura'i also appears in the table of ancient uji on page 396 or NCMJ Rev. Ed. So it is a very distinguished family.

            Message 5 of 27 , Sep 13, 2013
              The poster has been put on moderated status and given a warning.

              Saionji no Hana, Pacific Time Zone Moderator
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 2, 2014
                An abbreviated list of Azuchi-Momoya Feminine Given Names found in 『日本の女性名』by 角田 文衞 ISBN 4336047456 :

                Acha 阿茶
                Achacha 阿茶茶
                Achao 阿茶阿
                Ago あ五