Re: Tea at Estrella

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 9, 2013
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Lorik Gryphon <lorik_gryphon@...> wrote:

      > Greetings to Solveig! Thank you for responding.
      > I am unclear what is meant by "assist"
      > A lovely young Lady brought this idea up in the midst of our Crown Tourney. Very little has been planned or even strongly considered.

      Ah, it sounds like one of those "Wouldn't it be cool if ______?" ideas.

      I did a class at Estrella on tea history two years ago. Let's definitely try to get together at GWW and talk. We might be able to come up with something workable.

      (In the meantime, I'll try to see whether a friend of mine is attending who has studied tea!)

      Saionji no Hana, OL, West
    • Andrew Wise
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2013
        There are other options as well.  I know that the Japanese Friendship Garden in downtown Phoenix does a monthly Tea Ceremony, we could always contact them and see if they would consider coming out to Estrella and doing a demo for promotion.  I'm not sure if they are the same people who do the Tea Ceremony at Matsuri in February, if not we could always contact them as well.

        Maybe if we could get them interested we could use Saionji-hime's class notes and have one of them do the actual ceremony.

        Yagyu Tametomo

        Atenveldt
      • LJonthebay
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2013
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Wise <roninpenguin@...> wrote:

          > There are other options as well. I know that the Japanese Friendship
          > Garden in downtown Phoenix does a monthly Tea Ceremony, we could always
          > contact them and see if they would consider coming out to Estrella and
          > doing a demo for promotion.

          Brilliant, Yagyu-dono! I'm not local, so I didn't realize you had a local resource in Phoenix.

          Saionji no Hana