Sari Draping

  • tatsumechan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2013
      Hi Everyone,

      At the last A&S night the topic of Sari (or Saree) draping came up and at the end of it all I believe I ended volunteering myself to give a more formal demonstration of some of the drapes I learned from the book "Saris: An Illustrated Guide to the Indian Art of Draping" by Chantal Boulanger.

      So at the next A&S night I plan on showing up with some saris to teach anyone who wants to learn some drapes. Rough lesson plan: mainstream drape (Nivi), dhoti types (pant style), pinkosu(South Indian),and some tribal drapes that I find comfortable and relatively easy to do.

      I'm not 100% sure who is hosting so I need to go do some verification on the location.

      Best,
      Tatsume
    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2013
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tatsumechan" <kanamori.tatsume@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > At the last A&S night the topic of Sari (or Saree) draping came up and at the end of it all I believe I ended volunteering myself to give a more formal demonstration of some of the drapes I learned from the book "Saris: An Illustrated Guide to the Indian Art of Draping" by Chantal Boulanger.

        Tatsume-hime,
        Are you sure you posted this to the correct list? This is SCA-JML.

        Sounds like things went well, at any rate. ;-D

        Saionji no Hana, moderator
      • tatsumechan
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2013
          Oops! I'm terribly sorry. I thought I was posting to my barony's list.

          Many apologies.
          Kanamori no Tatsume