RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls

  • Lisa Lambert
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 4 9:43 PM
      Just getting around to my email!I made the cheetah using regular cheap copier paper from work, and my old color inkjet printer, not a Canon, now "retired". I don't think these patterns are for heavier paper at all. Those dolls look like a LOT of folds!

      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      From: tupan4@...
      Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:34:21 +0000
      Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls

      One drawback of these beautiful patterns is that they're designed to be glued together, so they can't be disassembled and packed flat afterward.

      A friend of mine made me one of these Canon paper craft jaguars (years ago, and I still have it); I think they're designed for heavy weight paper, not true card stock. I'd look into "laser printer paper" or some similar thing. Also you don't want to run it on an inkjet (hey, _I_ still have one) or the colors will spot and run if they accidentally get wet.

      The printer at my office has ridiculously nice paper (the admin believes it's necessary to use official laser paper instead of cheapo copy paper like all other offices I've ever been in) and I am sorely tempted. But I think it would be abusing my "within reason" printing privileges to print out all 50+ super colorful sheets of these! This could be quite an expensive project. Which I'm sure is compatible with Canon's goals, since they sell supplies! :)

      ERIN