(a bit belated) Pop quiz!

  • lynnx@enteract.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      No fair, i didn't have time to cram for this!;->

      I do think (if it hasn't been done already) another useful
      thing would be a questionnaire:

      What areas do you know the most about/specialize in?
      (fighting, cooking, brewing, garb, tea, architecture,
      frog-racing...
      What areas would you *like* to? (see above)

      If you haven't started with it, what stopped you? (personal
      - time, new interest, disability, etc.; lack of info, lack
      of others with same interest, fear of ridicule(*)

      (*) You would not believe some of the horrid things I've
      heard of people saying to newbies at events, especially
      SCA-Garb, maybe because garb's so visible.)

      What form of learning do you like best? (formal/informal,
      solo/1-to-1/small group/large group? Books, tapes, net,
      conversation, peer-to-peer, formal classes taught by
      Official Experts...

      (Save this one for last - a treat for completing the other
      stuff. Everyone likes to complain!) ;->

      What would you like to improve in the SCA J-community?
      (We'll help!) ;->

      Just a thought.

      BTW a comment on the "test" - those terrify me so i just
      skimmed it, but seemed a bit heavy on
      names-dates-places-and-ranks type stuff.

      Nonetheless, heroic work Ii dono and i guess, if I want
      other q's, i better get the lead out and get 'em to you,
      shouldn't I? :-)

      One more idea: Include this on an existing site?
      Especially one with lots of related links info etc.: it
      would enrich a site like that immensely.

      YIS
      s.e.