RE: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls

  • Eileen Young
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 26, 2013
      Ah yes, but if one puts a piece of tape on the tab first and then uses a smaller piece of tape to put the doll or whatever together one can undo the second tape and unassemble. Yes, it will be expensive. I'm not going to run right out this week and get them copied. I'm working on camp curtains this week but that's another can of worms!!!

      > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      > From: tupan4@...
      > Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:34:21 +0000
      > Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls
      >
      > One drawback of these beautiful patterns is that they're designed to be glued together, so they can't be disassembled and packed flat afterward.
      >
      > A friend of mine made me one of these Canon paper craft jaguars (years ago, and I still have it); I think they're designed for heavy weight paper, not true card stock. I'd look into "laser printer paper" or some similar thing. Also you don't want to run it on an inkjet (hey, _I_ still have one) or the colors will spot and run if they accidentally get wet.
      >
      > The printer at my office has ridiculously nice paper (the admin believes it's necessary to use official laser paper instead of cheapo copy paper like all other offices I've ever been in) and I am sorely tempted. But I think it would be abusing my "within reason" printing privileges to print out all 50+ super colorful sheets of these! This could be quite an expensive project. Which I'm sure is compatible with Canon's goals, since they sell supplies! :)
      >
      > ERIN
      >
      > ---

    • Lisa Lambert
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 4 9:43 PM
        Just getting around to my email!I made the cheetah using regular cheap copier paper from work, and my old color inkjet printer, not a Canon, now "retired". I don't think these patterns are for heavier paper at all. Those dolls look like a LOT of folds!

        To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
        From: tupan4@...
        Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:34:21 +0000
        Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls