Paper Dolls

  • juditheileen21
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 23, 2013
      Does anyone in the group know if a paper doll set for Girl's Day exists? Also, one for Boy's Day.

      Thanks,
      Eileen
    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 23, 2013
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "juditheileen21" <judith.eileen@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone in the group know if a paper doll set for Girl's Day exists? Also, one for Boy's Day.

        I have no idea. However, Dover Publications has these: http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486426548.html
        http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486250946.html

        You might also try search strings for "Hina Matsuri," "Momo no sekku" and "Tango no sekku."

        Good hunting,

        Saionji no Hana
        West Kingdom
      • Eileen Young
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
          Thank you for your suggestions. I found some really nice patterns at http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/hinakazari/index.html. The main site has a lot of things to make. I was just hoping for a similar set already printed up on heavy paper/cardstock and all I had to do was cut it out.
          I wanted a paper set so that it could be taken apart and packed flat.
          Judith Anne

          > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
          > From: wodeford@...
          > Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 04:46:11 +0000
          > Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls
          >

          > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "juditheileen21" <judith.eileen@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Does anyone in the group know if a paper doll set for Girl's Day exists? Also, one for Boy's Day.
          >
          > I have no idea. However, Dover Publications has these: http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486426548.html
          > http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486250946.html
          >
          > You might also try search strings for "Hina Matsuri," "Momo no sekku" and "Tango no sekku."
          >
          > Good hunting,
          >
          > Saionji no Hana
          > West Kingdom

        • Eileen Young
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 24, 2013
            Thank you for your suggestions. I found some really nice patterns at http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/hinakazari/index.html. The main site has a lot of things to make. I was just hoping for a similar set already printed up on heavy paper/cardstock and all I had to do was cut it out.
            I wanted a paper set so that it could be taken apart and packed flat.
            Judith Anne

            > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
            > From: wodeford@...
            > Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 04:46:11 +0000
            > Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls
            >

            > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "juditheileen21" <judith.eileen@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Does anyone in the group know if a paper doll set for Girl's Day exists? Also, one for Boy's Day.
            >
            > I have no idea. However, Dover Publications has these: http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486426548.html
            > http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486250946.html
            >
            > You might also try search strings for "Hina Matsuri," "Momo no sekku" and "Tango no sekku."
            >
            > Good hunting,
            >
            > Saionji no Hana
            > West Kingdom

          • Caroline P
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 25, 2013
              What you could do is find the images you want, print them out, then glue them on cardboard to stiffen them and provide the support. Work intensive, but probably easier to find.

              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Eileen Young <judith.eileen@...> wrote:

              > Thank you for your suggestions. I found some really nice patterns at http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/hinakazari/index.html. The main site has a lot of things to make. I was just hoping for a similar set already printed up on heavy paper/cardstock and all I had to do was cut it out.
              > I wanted a paper set so that it could be taken apart and packed flat.
              > Judith Anne
              >
              > > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
              > > From: wodeford@...
              > > Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 04:46:11 +0000
              > > Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls
              > >

              > > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "juditheileen21" <judith.eileen@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Does anyone in the group know if a paper doll set for Girl's Day exists? Also, one for Boy's Day.
              > >
              > > I have no idea. However, Dover Publications has these: http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486426548.html
              > > http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486250946.html
              > >
              > > You might also try search strings for "Hina Matsuri," "Momo no sekku" and "Tango no sekku."
              > >
              > > Good hunting,
              > >
              > > Saionji no Hana
              > > West Kingdom

            • ErinK
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 25, 2013
                Wow, those are amazing!

                I had to take the period off the end of the URL to make it work:
                http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/hinakazari/index.html

                Thanks for sharing!

                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Eileen Young <judith.eileen@...> wrote:

                > Thank you for your suggestions. I found some really nice patterns at http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/hinakazari/index.html. The main site has a lot of things to make. I was just hoping for a similar set already printed up on heavy paper/cardstock and all I had to do was cut it out.
                > I wanted a paper set so that it could be taken apart and packed flat.
                > Judith Anne

              • Aaron Grossman
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 25, 2013
                  Your local print shop will likely be happy to print any images you decide you like to whatever weight cardstock you demand.

                  Then X-Acto is your friend.

                  ________________________________
                  Thank you for your suggestions. I found some really nice patterns at http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/hinakazari/index.html. The main site has a lot of things to make. I was just hoping for a similar set already printed up on heavy paper/cardstock and all I had to do was cut it out.
                  I wanted a paper set so that it could be taken apart and packed flat.
                  Judith Anne

                  > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: wodeford@...
                  > Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 04:46:11 +0000
                  > Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls
                  >

                  > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "juditheileen21" <judith.eileen@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Does anyone in the group know if a paper doll set for Girl's Day exists? Also, one for Boy's Day.
                  >
                  > I have no idea. However, Dover Publications has these: http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486426548.html
                  > http://doverpublications.stores.yahoo.net/0486250946.html
                  >
                  > You might also try search strings for "Hina Matsuri," "Momo no sekku" and "Tango no sekku."
                  >
                  > Good hunting,
                  >
                  > Saionji no Hana
                  > West Kingdom

                • Bolline
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 25, 2013
                    Some copy shops are very strict on copy rights may be easier to buy card stock and print at home

                    Kendall

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jul 25, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Aaron Grossman <agrossma07@...> wrote:

                    > Your local print shop will likely be happy to print any images you decide you like to whatever weight cardstock you demand.
                    >
                    > Then X-Acto is your friend.
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                  • ErinK
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 26, 2013
                      One drawback of these beautiful patterns is that they're designed to be glued together, so they can't be disassembled and packed flat afterward.

                      A friend of mine made me one of these Canon paper craft jaguars (years ago, and I still have it); I think they're designed for heavy weight paper, not true card stock. I'd look into "laser printer paper" or some similar thing. Also you don't want to run it on an inkjet (hey, _I_ still have one) or the colors will spot and run if they accidentally get wet.

                      The printer at my office has ridiculously nice paper (the admin believes it's necessary to use official laser paper instead of cheapo copy paper like all other offices I've ever been in) and I am sorely tempted. But I think it would be abusing my "within reason" printing privileges to print out all 50+ super colorful sheets of these! This could be quite an expensive project. Which I'm sure is compatible with Canon's goals, since they sell supplies! :)

                      ERIN

                      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Eileen Young <judith.eileen@...> wrote:

                      > Thank you for your suggestions. I found some really nice patterns at http://cp.c-ij.com/en/contents/3158/hinakazari/index.html . The main site has a lot of things to make. I was just hoping for a similar set already printed up on heavy paper/cardstock and all I had to do was cut it out.
                      > I wanted a paper set so that it could be taken apart and packed flat.
                      > Judith Anne

                    • Eileen Young
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 26, 2013
                        Ah yes, but if one puts a piece of tape on the tab first and then uses a smaller piece of tape to put the doll or whatever together one can undo the second tape and unassemble. Yes, it will be expensive. I'm not going to run right out this week and get them copied. I'm working on camp curtains this week but that's another can of worms!!!

                        > To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
                        > From: tupan4@...
                        > Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:34:21 +0000
                        > Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls
                        >
                        > One drawback of these beautiful patterns is that they're designed to be glued together, so they can't be disassembled and packed flat afterward.
                        >
                        > A friend of mine made me one of these Canon paper craft jaguars (years ago, and I still have it); I think they're designed for heavy weight paper, not true card stock. I'd look into "laser printer paper" or some similar thing. Also you don't want to run it on an inkjet (hey, _I_ still have one) or the colors will spot and run if they accidentally get wet.
                        >
                        > The printer at my office has ridiculously nice paper (the admin believes it's necessary to use official laser paper instead of cheapo copy paper like all other offices I've ever been in) and I am sorely tempted. But I think it would be abusing my "within reason" printing privileges to print out all 50+ super colorful sheets of these! This could be quite an expensive project. Which I'm sure is compatible with Canon's goals, since they sell supplies! :)
                        >
                        > ERIN
                        >
                        > ---

                      • Lisa Lambert
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 4, 2013
                          Just getting around to my email!I made the cheetah using regular cheap copier paper from work, and my old color inkjet printer, not a Canon, now "retired". I don't think these patterns are for heavier paper at all. Those dolls look like a LOT of folds!

                          To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
                          From: tupan4@...
                          Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:34:21 +0000
                          Subject: [SCA-JML] Re: Paper Dolls