Re: Modern Uchikake vs Period

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:
      > It is only the sleeves that really stand out to me, but I wouldn't say
      > anything about it unless asked. I can definitely understand wanting
      > to have more occasions to use it.

      That and the modern ones tend to have heavily padded hems to make them stand out properly as they trail behind you. That said, they are spectacularly beautiful and I'm kind of annoyed that the Yahoo Groups album doesn't have a zoom feature so I can get a better look at yours. Wear it someplace with clean floors if you can and enjoy.

      Saionji Shonagon
      West Kingdom
    • Carey Marquardt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2013
        Well there is a lovely view of the cranes in this picture http://careyandrewmarquardtwedding.shutterfly.com/200 Feel free to check out the other pictures in the wedding album. My husband wears two different jackets in the pictures, the plain black one I made and hated then the shrine offered us the one with the mon on it.