Re: Apron question

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Sakura Takeda <takedasakura@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone, I am in need of your wonderful help once more.
      >
      > First, I am a potter and looking for a good apron to cover up my garb for pottery demos. Are the only period apron options mobakama or yumaki? Is there any option that covers more, especially the chest? Is there anything in period similar to the modern day kappōgi (the cooking/cleaning cover up) maybe? This thing: http://www.silkytime.com/kappougi-3.JPG

      Well, there's this: http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/busou/8.htm
      and this: http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/fukusyoku/busou/9.htm

      Probably not exactly what you were hoping for, but they would at least provide some coverage.

      Saionji no Hana
      West Kingdom
    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 3, 2013
        Doh! Sakura-hime, if you have not already seen it, do rent "Ugetsu," a wonderful movie about a potter and his family and friends during the 16th century wars. They're peasants so all his clothes are pretty much work clothes. I don't recall anything apronlike....

        Saionji no Hana
        West Kingdom
      • Deb Strub
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 10, 2013
          Greetings all,

          Has anyone found information on period apprentice ceremonies? My
          apprentice and I will be publicly formalizing our relationship soon and
          I'd like to do something appropriate.

          YIS,

          Tsuruko
        • LJonthebay
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 15, 2013
            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Deb Strub <tsuruko@...> wrote:

            > Greetings all,
            >
            > Has anyone found information on period apprentice ceremonies? My
            > apprentice and I will be publicly formalizing our relationship soon and
            > I'd like to do something appropriate.

            Good question. So would I, should the occasion present itself.

            I did find this old message in the archives, which might be a start:

            Saionji no Hana
            West Kingdom
          • Deb Strub
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 18, 2013