Re: Looking for fellow Japanese Personas

  • Erin Kelly
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29 11:00 AM
      I don't know of people in your immediate area, but have you checked out the
      Tousando message board? http://tousando.proboards.com/index.cgi
      It's a great source of inspiration and support for people with or without
      Japanese SCAdian neighbors.

      ERIN

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29 7:33 PM

        Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.

      • Sir Koredono
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30 4:45 AM
          Potsdam is a little far north for Tanaka &co; I'd suggest Sir Yoshitsune,
          who lives in Concordia (Albany-ish)

          Sir Koredono
          Debatable Lands, AEthelmearc
          Yamakaminari-ryu

          On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Lord Ector Villalobos De Granada <
          scaector@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Re: Looking for fellow Japanese Personas:
          > Try contacting Tanaka aka Hank Salvacion (NJ) or Ryouko'jin Of-The
          > Iron-Skies aka John Miniver Cheevy (NYC). They would know who is closest to
          > you in that area.
          > If you have facebook they can be contacted there...tell them Hector sent
          > you :)
          >
          > Regards
          > Ector Villalobos De Granada
          >

          > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hey everyone been awhile since I posted anything. I was wondering if
          > there were any other Japanese persona's in the East Kingdom. I am currently
          > in The Shire of the Northern Outpost (Potsdam, NY). Trying to find someone
          > close to me that might be able to aid me with a few things. I have been
          > doing an insane amount of research lately and I have lots of questions that
          > don't seem to come to me until I am working on something. Plus, visual aids
          > are helpful. Would be great if who ever gets a hold of me has already done
          > their Heraldy for their persona as it is something I am currently working
          > on. Basically, other than reading and watching as much stuff as I can
          > latly, I have come to a kind of a dead end.

        • tiberianmagic2004
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30 1:53 PM
            Thank you for the info everyone. Hoping I will get to meet some of you when I can finally make it to Pennsic.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30 2:00 PM
              I am just running into spots to where I would like to have someone around I can ask questions if need be, and the man that is teaching me my katana fighting said that these boards would be the best way to contact people.

              > Noble Cousin!
              >
              > Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.
              >
              > Your Humble Servant
              > Solveig Throndardottir
              > Amateur Scholar

            • tiberianmagic2004
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
                I have a set of garb that I am currently wearing, but I am having issues finding good sources that not only have diagrams but instructions as well for putting together basic clothing for a male. I would order stuff offline but I am far to interested on how to actually make them:P

                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...> wrote:

                > I am just running into spots to where I would like to have someone around I can ask questions if need be, and the man that is teaching me my katana fighting said that these boards would be the best way to contact people.
                >
                > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Noble Cousin!
                > >
                > > Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.
                > >
                > > Your Humble Servant
                > > Solveig Throndardottir
                > > Amateur Scholar

              • LJonthebay
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
                  --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...> wrote:

                  > I have a set of garb that I am currently wearing, but I am having issues finding good sources that not only have diagrams but instructions as well for putting together basic clothing for a male. I would order stuff offline but I am far to interested on how to actually make them:P

                  There are a number of PDFs of mens' garments there. I'm sure one or more of us could walk you through the basics.

                  Saionji no Hana