Re: Looking for fellow Japanese Personas

  • Lord Ector Villalobos De Granada
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 29, 2013
      Re: Looking for fellow Japanese Personas:
      Try contacting Tanaka aka Hank Salvacion (NJ) or Ryouko'jin Of-The Iron-Skies aka John Miniver Cheevy (NYC). They would know who is closest to you in that area.
      If you have facebook they can be contacted there...tell them Hector sent you :)

      Regards

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...> wrote:

      > Hey everyone been awhile since I posted anything. I was wondering if there were any other Japanese persona's in the East Kingdom. I am currently in The Shire of the Northern Outpost (Potsdam, NY). Trying to find someone close to me that might be able to aid me with a few things. I have been doing an insane amount of research lately and I have lots of questions that don't seem to come to me until I am working on something. Plus, visual aids are helpful. Would be great if who ever gets a hold of me has already done their Heraldy for their persona as it is something I am currently working on. Basically, other than reading and watching as much stuff as I can latly, I have come to a kind of a dead end.

    • Erin Kelly
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2013
        I don't know of people in your immediate area, but have you checked out the
        Tousando message board? http://tousando.proboards.com/index.cgi
        It's a great source of inspiration and support for people with or without
        Japanese SCAdian neighbors.

        ERIN

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 29, 2013

          Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.

        • Sir Koredono
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 30, 2013
            Potsdam is a little far north for Tanaka &co; I'd suggest Sir Yoshitsune,
            who lives in Concordia (Albany-ish)

            Sir Koredono
            Debatable Lands, AEthelmearc
            Yamakaminari-ryu

            On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM, Lord Ector Villalobos De Granada <
            scaector@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Re: Looking for fellow Japanese Personas:
            > Try contacting Tanaka aka Hank Salvacion (NJ) or Ryouko'jin Of-The
            > Iron-Skies aka John Miniver Cheevy (NYC). They would know who is closest to
            > you in that area.
            > If you have facebook they can be contacted there...tell them Hector sent
            > you :)
            >
            > Regards
            > Ector Villalobos De Granada
            >

            > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey everyone been awhile since I posted anything. I was wondering if
            > there were any other Japanese persona's in the East Kingdom. I am currently
            > in The Shire of the Northern Outpost (Potsdam, NY). Trying to find someone
            > close to me that might be able to aid me with a few things. I have been
            > doing an insane amount of research lately and I have lots of questions that
            > don't seem to come to me until I am working on something. Plus, visual aids
            > are helpful. Would be great if who ever gets a hold of me has already done
            > their Heraldy for their persona as it is something I am currently working
            > on. Basically, other than reading and watching as much stuff as I can
            > latly, I have come to a kind of a dead end.

          • tiberianmagic2004
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2013
              Thank you for the info everyone. Hoping I will get to meet some of you when I can finally make it to Pennsic.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 30, 2013
                I am just running into spots to where I would like to have someone around I can ask questions if need be, and the man that is teaching me my katana fighting said that these boards would be the best way to contact people.

                > Noble Cousin!
                >
                > Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.
                >
                > Your Humble Servant
                > Solveig Throndardottir
                > Amateur Scholar

              • tiberianmagic2004
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
                  I have a set of garb that I am currently wearing, but I am having issues finding good sources that not only have diagrams but instructions as well for putting together basic clothing for a male. I would order stuff offline but I am far to interested on how to actually make them:P

                  --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...> wrote:

                  > I am just running into spots to where I would like to have someone around I can ask questions if need be, and the man that is teaching me my katana fighting said that these boards would be the best way to contact people.
                  >
                  > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Noble Cousin!
                  > >
                  > > Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.
                  > >
                  > > Your Humble Servant
                  > > Solveig Throndardottir
                  > > Amateur Scholar

                • LJonthebay
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
                    --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...> wrote:

                    > I have a set of garb that I am currently wearing, but I am having issues finding good sources that not only have diagrams but instructions as well for putting together basic clothing for a male. I would order stuff offline but I am far to interested on how to actually make them:P

                    There are a number of PDFs of mens' garments there. I'm sure one or more of us could walk you through the basics.

                    Saionji no Hana